The SOUTH COAST BALTIC Marketing Initiative
SOUTH COAST BALTIC is a joint marketing initiative that promotes the boating region of the south eastern shores of the Baltic Sea, including Vorpommern (DE), Bornholm (DK), Zachodniopomorskie (PL), Pomorskie (PL), Klaipėda region (LT) and Kaliningrad region (RU).
The initiative was launched in 2011 and involves into two phases, both of which were or are funded by the European Union within the Interreg South Baltic Programme:
- – Phase 1: Project “MARRIAGE” (2011-2015)
- – Phase 2: Project „SOUTH COAST BALTIC“ (2016-2020)
Phase 1: Project MARRIAGE
Please find detailed information about the project MARRIAGE here:
The project MARRIAGE was funded by the European Union (European Regional Development Fund – ERDF) within the South Baltic Cross-border Co-operation Programme 2007 – 2013.
Phase 2: Project SOUTH COAST BALTIC
The SOUTH COAST BALTIC project has the goal to attract more guest boaters to the southern shores of the Baltic Sea (Vorpommern / DE, Bornholm / DK, Zachodniopomorskie & Pomorskie / PL, Klaipėda region / LT, Kaliningrad region / RU). This is achieved by establishing a comprehensive cross-border destination management for the boating region.
The brand SOUTH COAST BALTIC is the base for all activities and was created within the predecessor project MARRIAGE. Since 2012, it is used with great success for jointly promoting the region and stands for an authentic region with vivid history and culture, which is characterised by people having close ties to its unique nature and the Baltic Sea.
Now the aim is to address with a comprehensive marketing campaign new thematic target groups (especially charter guests and motor boaters) and Scandinavian boaters, thus further increasing the awareness of the boating region.
To this end, the existing marketing associations in the region have been integrated into the initiative and cooperation between tourism associations and port operators will be expanded. Further project topics are the progressive quality development of the marinas and the cross-border exchange on current topics of the water tourism at the South Coast Baltic.
The project consortium included the following institutions:
- Association of Sea Cities & Municipalities / PL (Lead Partner)
- Tourism Association Vorpommern / DE
- Marina Network Association / DE
- Municipality Ostseebad Heringsdorf / DE
- Economic Development Corporation Vorpommern (Lead Partner) / DE
- Bornholm Regional Municipality / DK
- Westpomeranian Sailing Route / PL
- Żegluga Szczecińska / PL
- Municipality Darłowo / PL
- Maritime University in Szczecin / PL
- Association of Sea Cities & Municipalities / PL
- Petla Zuławska Harbour Network / PL
- Gdańsk University of Technology / PL
- Klaipėda District Municipality / LT
- Šventoji Tourism Association / LT
- Ministry of Culture and Tourism of the Kaliningrad region / RU (associated)
The project SOUTH COAST BALTIC is funded by the European Union (European Regional Development Fund – ERDF) within the Interreg South Baltic Programme 2014-2020.